by Kathleen Spike | Jun 12, 2020 | Read, Learn, Transform
Gay Hendricks and Kate Ludeman wrote this book in the early 90’s and it is still my bible for business owners, executives or professional coaching clients who are seeking to end conflict and misunderstanding in their work place relationships. It builds the skills of integrity and the commitment to true wisdom in their daily work lives.
We begin our coaching relationship deepening the learning of what it means to be a “visionary with their feet on the ground”. Skip to part Three in the book and you will find the Integrity Worksheet which can be used to apply to any problem a person is having within the self or with others.
Once mastered, this integrity tool can stop all conflicts in about 10 min or better yet, stop them before they ever happen. This is a little hand book, 5×7″, you can fit it in any bag and use it on the fly. I dare you to deepen your integrity in the world of work!
by Kathleen Spike | Apr 13, 2020 | Use Trusted Resources
As a coach, I vet and offer many resources to my clients. I will not refer or recommend without prior experience with the company, product, or service. These are in no particular order, however I use them myself and you can check them out to see if they will serve your needs.
As your coach, I request that YOU ask every question you can imagine to vet these resources for yourself. Coaching is about you taking 100% responsibility for what you choose and create in the world. If you need some help deciding, coaching is always available to help you make clear and value-based right decisions for yourself.
BUSINESS SERVICES I PERSONALLY USE!
- Computer faxing – The owner is a friend and can be trusted. The service is reliable around the world, a feature I really count on. I personally use it. www.fax1.com
- PAY PAL – Send or receive money online FOR FREE. This service allows you to NOT HAVE TO USE credit cards and pay their huge fees each month. Even though my company ALSO uses a credit card service for payment, anytime I can skip them and use PAY PAL I do. www.paypal.com
- AUTHORIZE.NET – This is NOT FREE however if you have intention to sell product or services to the world, it is the service I use and have for years. Check it out and see if it is right for you: http://www.authorize.net/
THINGS I PERSONALLY LOVE AND WANT TO SHARE WITH YOU!
- Spiritual Cinema Circle. I like movies with purpose and meaning, something beyond the ordinary. I like to watch them at home. Very few main stream movies peak my interest like these do. Sign up for a trail period and see what I mean: www.spiritualcinemacircle.com
- Haute Coutue dress designer extraordinaire, master professor at the Art Institute in Portland, Oregon and long time friend Catherine Stepehnson: Everyone needs a special and beautiful piece of clothing sometime in their life. Catherine can design and produce the most elegant pieces. See her at cscouture.com
- www.GundryMD.com, my health guru, he wrote “The Plant Paradox” and the “Plant Paradox” Cookbook, you can find both of them at www.amazon.com.
by Kathleen Spike | Apr 1, 2020 | Learn to Navigate Relationships
Are you “willing” to learn and practice The Top 100 RELATIONSHIP HABITS for success! The key word in relationship is “willing”! Are you “willing” to learn, change and grow? Are you “willing” to take responsibility for what you create? Are you “willing” to create peace? Are you “willing” to stop the conflict? Are you “willing” to respect another humans path, process and needs WHILE you are “willingly” respecting your OWN path, process and needs? Coaching definitely works to create peace, love, and happiness in ALL kinds of relationships. “Willingness” is the doorway through.
Habit # 1 – Willingness – do you have it? Can you find it in yourself to be willing to learn change and grow?
Habit #2 – Learn to raise your hand with others when you hurt, are frustrated, don’t understand. Raise your hand with a fair question, a fair request, however please raise your hand. People cannot KNOW what hurts you or what you need. YOU need to know, then politely and confidently “raise you hand” and ask for time to review and renew.
by Kathleen Spike | Mar 13, 2020 | Revitalize Your Health
AVOID THE PITFALLS OF MODERN LIVING.
Busy professionals need vitality, stamina, and longevity. Do you have it? It is 100% possible for you to live feeling fully supported by your body everyday IF you are willing to give it what it needs. Clients I coach are high performance people. However many are suffering needlessly physically. Our coaching includes EXTREME SELF CARE and helps you take back your health if you have lost it.
In 2016 my type A, all American performance style of working ran amuck with my body’s needs. Doctor’s wanted to drug me, cut me or side line me with new-fangled diagnosis. Instead, I outsmarted them and went the route of, “I WILL HEAL MYSELF” with a lifestyle 360 degree turn around. I took a year off and reclaimed my health with Naturopathy, Homopathy, Chiropractic, Massage Therapy, Acupuncture AND a “JUICING FOR LIFE” program ala Jack Lalaine, Vita Mix Blender, and www.gundrymd.com life style switch. It was hard and it was worth it. I am so healthy now it is astonishing how much strength and energy I have, and I have lived a LONG time. 🙂
I came back into the business success shoot smarter about my health, more vital and strong, and became even more successful in my business than I was as a Type A “All American who was sick and tired” almost every day.
So now, as a coach, I have experience and resources that will help you pull yourself up and back into High and Healthy performance so you can actually enjoy the ride and the results of success.
TAKE THE WELLNESS PRACTICES ASSESSMENT YOURSELF!
First, print out the survey, we are not yet “live”, you will need a pen and paper. Put a check mark by each item you do 99% of the time, every day of your life. The purpose of NOT checking unless you are at 99% is to trigger your awareness for complete honesty with YOURSELF about what you truly practice in life!
Being honest with yourself and making changes could save your life, improve the quality of your life, impact your children or spouses health enormously and be a guiding light for others. Once you get the hang of wellness, you can maintain it because you have seen the results WITHIN, the most important place in the world.
Making powerful life changes requires actual transformation of habits. It is wise to find support in your life to help you stay on track; to take consistent action until you have developed new, empowering habits. Of course, we are biased, but we believe in the power of coaching and the support structure it provides for making difficult life changes. You can follow up with one-to-one support coaching via telephone and email, email@example.com!
Wellness Practices Assessment
1. I eat at least 2 cups of toxin free vegetables (or slightly cooked) daily. ____
Tip: Dr. Gundry recommends FEW fruits due to so much sugar and LOTS of vegetables a day to prevent all cancer, heart disease, any kind of chronic American Disease you can imagine.
2. I have eliminated all white, processed sugar from my diet, except for once-in-a-while occasions (if then).______
Tip: White sugar has all of the nutrients milled out of it. If you are going to eat sugar/fructose, make it as “close to the earth” as possible. For example: Honey, molasses, raw sugar, crushed up cane, or what I use now the most is “Just Like Sugar” available on Amazon.
3. I read labels and eat only ingredients that I understand, recognize or can pronounce. _____
Tip: Cockineal is a coloring agent used in foods and beverages such as pink grapefruit juice. It is made from crushed cockroaches! Know what you’re consuming! RED DYE #4 causes horrible reactions, look for it.
4. I limit alcohol to social occasions and celebrations. ______
Tip: It is medically proven women do not have as MUCH of the enzyme in their stomach to digest alcohol. Alcohol in excess is detrimental to everyone and a sure “nummer”. However, women will suffer faster and have more health repercussions from alcohol than men. This information is based on a 15 year study.
5. I eat at least one piece of fruit a day ____
Tip: Fruit is like a broom because it is made of high fiber. If you put it into the body on an empty stomach, it will “sweep” right through and clean out debris. Eat it at the beginning of the day or in between meals when your stomach is empty.
6. My commitment to wellness includes sitting down, taking time to eat three times a day. ____
Tip: Remember to relax while you eat. Chewing each bite slowly (at least 20 chews) will begin your digestion and help you get the most nutrition for the bite!!! Plus, it is very peaceful to actually “sit” and eat. Grazing is not a healthy wellness habit.
7. I eat three meals a day. ____
Tip: Break the fast! This is what breakfast is. You have been fasting for possibly 10 hours. You have not had any food. To start your engine, your body needs some fruit first, grains and protein second and at least 30 minutes later. It is like gasoline in a car. A cup of coffee is not “breaking the fast”. A coke, a candy bar or white bagel is like eating 6 teaspoons of sugar for breakfast. Would you actually eat 6 tablespoons of sugar when you arise?
8. I eat two small snacks a day to keep blood sugar steady._____
Tip: A great snack between meals is fruit or unsalted, raw almonds or seeds of some kind. They are easy to carry and full of “balanced and close to the earth” nutrients. Fat you say? New studies show overeating of carbohydrates to be a bigger concern for health watchers than good natural fat intake. Eliminate fake food for these “real” food goodies.
9. I believe food supports the bodies vitality and immune system. _____
Tip: Extreme-Self-Care for YOURSELF will support you to be “powered-up” to fully interact with others, love others, have joy, vitality and happiness in your life. You can create what you desire. Do you desire to be healthy?
10. I have identified and eliminated all headaches, stomach aches, and other physical conditions related to life style and food choices. ________
Tip: For ten-days, “notice” anything about your body that does not feel good each day. Then see if you can trace it to food, sleep, lifestyle, and environment. Watch, notice, identify, eliminate. A high percentage of the population suffers from food allergies to embedded chemicals and industrialized food. Simple, plain, close to the earth food will cure most every allergy or at least minimize it greatly.
11. I eat only whole grain rice, whole pasta, whole breads, and whole cereals. ____
Tip: The closer to nature a food is, the more likely it is healthy for you. Processed foods are often so stripped of nutrients, the manufacturer has to add them back in artificially and the body cannot recognize or process these foreign substances.
12. I do not eat food from a tin can 95% of the time. ____
Tip: Our bodies love live enzymes as they stimulate our immune system and create strong healthy bodies. Anything in a can is “dead” and has been “in tin” maybe for months. Be sparing in using canned food. Try frozen first.
13. I am aware and completely committed to the truth that packaged food is often full of chemicals and chemicals are not food sources._____
Tip: In 1972 I discovered chemicals in food. I also discovered I was very allergic to them. They make me very ill. Many people are ill today because of chemicals in growing food and in packages, however they do not know that is the cause. For one week try eating nothing out of a can or box. Did you notice any difference? Did you know the US has about 122 chemicals they put in food and Europe only allows 8. Would you like some chemicals for breakfast? Check and see if that is what you are eating.
14. Do you walk briskly at least 1 mile, three days a week, or do some other form of exercise three days a week, consistently. ____
Tip: Make exercise something you use to be in relationship with yourself. Walking is great exercise and much more natural than a machine in a gym. Smell the fresh air and make yourself hardier!!! Connect to the “feeling” of exercise. How do you “feel” when you move (walk), make that “feeling” your focus.
15. I sleep at least eight hours a night. ______
Tip: The New England Journal of Medicine recently had an article titled: “Lack of Sleep Will Make You Stupid”! Have you noticed how you feel dull, lethargic and even stupid when you don’t sleep. For every 15 minutes less than 7 hours of sleep each night, you function at one IQ point lower for that day.
16. I feel alive and vital 6 out of 7 days in a week. ____
Tip: Rate on a scale of 1 – 10, 10 being the best, how vital you felt all day. The aforementioned 15 steps will lead you to your vitality. Interested?
17. My skin, bones, teeth and hair are in optimum health. ____
Tip: It is a truism that bones, teeth, hair and skin represent your wellness. They can even be tested to see how well you are. Check yourself out. On a scale of 1 – 10, ten being the best, how healthy are you in those areas?
18. I do not use street drugs at anytime, including marijuana. _____ I do not use prescription drugs. ______
Tip: In my life, it is amazing to me the people who stand for great lives and then abuse their bodies with drugs on the side. Marijuana is also a nummer….what is its place in the world of wellness and vitality? Pain killer? Prescription drugs are probably more of an offender than street drugs of any kind. If you use anything regularly, notice how it really makes you feel and be aware. Anti depressants and anti anxiety drugs are being used for a quick solution to broken hearts, confusion, disappointment and lack of connection to self and love from others.
19. I ask questions directly and confidently to a Dr. if he wants to prescribe drugs for me, operate on me or otherwise do something to my body. ____
Tip: Your body belongs to you. You know it better than anyone, even the Doctor. The Dr. has knowledge, however, he/she is just human. Where did he get his education, does he teach as well as practice medicine (teaching doctors make better practicing doctors most of the time), does he believe in wellness or just fixing disease and broken things? If you asked him/her to explain how the drug might interact with the rest of your life, what might he/she reply. You have every right to ask your Doctor questions. If they won’t answer you, fire them and go to a better communicator. Or better yet, create your own health from scratch!! Your body is a magnificent creation and it can heal itself in so many cases. Save the Dr. for broken bones, emergencies, disease (and I believe you will never get one!!!!) Always think in the affirmative. You can create what you believe!!!!!
COACHING WORKS to improve wellness in executives, business owners and individuals. Wellness and vitality are essential to your success. Are you ready to start now? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
by Kathleen Spike | Feb 13, 2020 | Get Business Results
TRUE NORTH RESULTS FOR YOUR BUSINESS.
Whether big or small, business owners get tunnel vision and cannot see the strategic steps that would help turn them around, build bigger gross receipts and profits, or simply get them out of the chute and into the right lane for success. Olympic level business results happen when you have a business coach to bench mark your plans, your decisions, your results. Start by taking this simple assessment to see where you think you stand right now.
Mark the statement ONLY if it is 90% true for YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS
Please print out to take the survey, we are not fully automated yet.
1. ___I know my company values and I apply them to every decision in my business. I know my “personal” values and they are the foundation for how I lead and manage in my business. _____
2. ___I have a clear short-term and long-term vision that pulls me toward financial results, fulfilling business practices and daily satisfaction with my business.
3. ___I apply the principles of professional ethics and integrity to my business dealings on a regular basis. I know what this means.
4. ___I know my customer/client, what they want, and I have designed my service or products to serve them 100%.
5. ___I designed my business so it integrates with my life and my family. They are supportive of each other 100%.
6. ___I have all of my business financial’s, daily, weekly and monthly, under complete control. Because they are organized and I understand them they are not draining my energy in any way. I am completely confident with them.
7. ___I can pull up an immediate P/L, Balance Sheet or comparative year budget and the numbers are accurate. I know my % of expenses to sales and I can see the % of increase or decrease in sales compared to last year, last month, or yesterday.
8. ___I assess the financial health of my business weekly, and I include those close to me (including my spouse) in the status.
9. ___I know exactly what it costs me to operate my business. I am realistic and make money work for me.
10. ___I am cutting costs in every way to end the drain on my employees, my family, and me. I am frugal and smart with money. I make it work for me.
11. ___I create an atmosphere of openness, straight forward simple truth and facing everything head up with those people who work for me.
12. ___I am a good listener and hear what my employees are saying so I can address their deeper potential, ideas, concerns and desires to participate fully in this company.
13. ___I respect my employees so much, and have such good communication skills, that if we do not understand each other, we sit right down and work it out to both of our interests.
14. ___I have a clear plan of action so my employees know what is expected of them and they can work on their own as much as possible and feel in charge of important responsibilities.
15. ___I keep employees contributing at their highest potential by asking them how they would solve their own dilemma’s. I challenge them to come up with great answers and reward them for having the courage to participate with me at this win-win level.
16. ___I am honest with employees or partners about what is possible to pay or not pay, and I share the wealth with them when possible.
17. ___I am a consistent leader who is willing to listen to input from others, but I am usually the final decision-maker. My company is not a democracy.
18. ___I am an incredible problem solver. I always stay in solution mode, possibilities and not going around in circles in problem mode.
19. ___I never rage, blame, criticize or in any other way create human chaos deliberately in my business.
20. ___All those working with me know my personal vision for myself in the company, their personal vision within the company, their own personal vision for themselves.
21. ___Trust is the foundation of our working relationships, and if something needs to be said we get to it immediately.We know what integrity is and we practice it beginning with me the owner.
22. ___I am on the cutting edge of everything important to grow my business and my people. I get help immediately on everything. I don’t wait and sit in the stew or get stuck and stay stuck.
23. ___I see people loaded with potential and deserving of opportunity; not as arms, legs and energy I want to take to serve my own needs. I respect and enjoy my people who work in the company.
24. ___I don’t believe it is possible to fail. Failure does not exist in my business. Mistakes, yes. Failure is success in action.
25. ___I am a life-long learner and I am interested in every opportunity to expand my thinking and doing.
26. ___I have a strategic plan on paper. It is so dog-eared from use I have to redo it often. I continue to refine it, as there is no right way to develop a strategic plan.
27. ___I have a business plan I used to start the business and it is revised when necessary. I use it to continue creating goals.
28. ___I respect myself and my business and this survey has brought to light what I need to change and what I need to learn. I need Kathleen’s business coaching before I make any more decisions. Yes _______
Email her at: email@example.com!